Friday, January 21, 2011

Designing in the Forest

Visit the VictoriaLarsen.com website for inspiring rooms filled with murals, faux finishes, ornamental plaster and unique wall treatments that YOU can do!

The comments I'm getting this morning are how wonderfully inspiring it will be to design in my home in Northern Idaho. That's an understatement!

There is a sense of euphoria as soon as you drive up the driveway to the large, chalet style home. It is surrounded by 20 acres of forest with a luscious view of the valley below.

Each morning, I grab my coffee and dog friend Sadie and I take our morning walk. In the spring time, those walks are through areas of wildflowers that suddenly arrive as colorful paintings as you turn a corner or round a group of trees. If that isn't inspiration, I don't know what is. 

I've done my best designing there over the past 6 years. The trees outside the windows were my inspiration for my Raised Plaster Aspen Tree Stencil Design which has now been featured in Gary Lord's most recent book "Simply Creative Faux Finishes". 


I look forward to many more innovative processes happening there!

No comments:

Post a Comment