Sunday, November 2, 2014

I've always been a person who sees the possibilities, rather than "what is". And this home has tons of possibilities!

I began transforming my new home in the desert of New Mexico by planting, planting, planting! The inside of the house is plain, but that's something I could live with while I created a more pleasant place in which to live.

Over this past spring and summer, I learned a lot about how different gardening in New Mexico is versus other areas of the country.

Here, the soil simply sucks the life right out of every plant you place in the ground. So the learning curve was incredible! But I did succeed!

Starting with basically nothing, I started "painting" the yards with plants and lawn.

And the back yard (where I like to hang out) was even worse!
But even that barren scene became something much more lush with a lot of seed and a privacy wall that I had a blast creating with the branch stencil from our Raised Plaster Aspen Tree Stencil Set.


The summer proved to be very productive and finally, I could relax and start to create a beautiful home on the inside!

Visit the VictoriaLarsen.com website for lots of interior decorating ideas and the products to help make them possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment